What’s the thinking behind the changes?
All aspects of these changes take into account increasing costs for our clubs, and at Federation level.
The big change of reducing junior and youth competition entry fees supports our strategy of attracting and retaining young players in our game.
What are the changes to NRF competition fees this season?
Overall, we have kept increases as low as possible and below inflation. The impact will vary depending on the makeup of your club:
- For clubs with significant junior membership, this will likely mean an overall decrease in fees
- For those with a balanced membership of junior to senior, the fees will be similar to 2022 or a small increase
- For those with a majority senior membership, fees will increase in 2023
What are the changes to player levies?
Clusb asked us for a more common sense approach to the NRF player levy - so we've changed it to an affiliation fee per team registered, based on a fixed number of players per team. This takes into account large squad sizes, while acknowledging that only 11 players are on the field .
This is a straighforward approach that will will reduce admin for your club and for NRF.
The flat rates are:
- LOTTO NRFL - $272 per team, based on 17 players per squad
- Senior Community - $256 per team, based on 16 players per squad
- Youth - $170 per team, based on 17 players per squad
- Juniors – $5 per player